Last updated: November 2018
Smart Dolphins IT Solutions is committed to protecting your personal information and we only use your information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
Types of Information Collected
We may collect, store and use the following data:
- Information that you provide to us when requesting information through our website
- Information that you provide to us when you subscribe to our newsletter
- Information that you provide to us when you register for an event
- Information that you provide to us in an online chat
Please let us know if any of the data we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- The data you provide to us includes:
- Organization name
- Business email address
- Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website, including our chat and any metadata associated with the communication
- Any other information that you choose to send us, including business cards
We also collect information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website. This includes collecting unique online identifies such as IP addresses, which are numbers that uniquely identify a specific computer or other device on the internet. Please see our Cookies section for more details.
Collection Methods and Use of Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you
- To provide you with information about these services, and to deal with enquiries
- To send you marketing and communications material relating to our business which we believe to be of interest to you
- To send you email notifications and newsletters
- To reserve you a seat at one of our events
- To administer our website, personalize it to you and keep it secure
- To prevent fraud
Release of Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personally Identifiable Information to others.
We may be required by law to provide Personally Identifiable Information to the appropriate government authorities. We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation.
Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
We need to retain personal information for one year to ensure that we can answer any questions you might have about the services provided. We will remove client information at that time if it does not appear that we will be contacting you again. However, you may request that we remove such contact information immediately.
Your Rights and Control over your Personal Data
Under the PIPA, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data by making a subject access request
- Right to request correction of personal information
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below:
Compliance Officer, Mariola Czerkawska
Smart Dolphins IT Solutions
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number 250.721.2499
Your data may be stored, processed, and transferred outside of Canada into the United States of America so that we can use your data as described in this policy.
We do not transfer any personal information from one country to another comply with those data protection and privacy laws which apply to us.
Privacy and Cookies