Last year I made the switch from an iPhone to an Android based mobile device. I was happy I made the switch (a topic for a different Pod Pointer), but an odd thing happened with some of my texts that I sent:
With a few contacts, the messaging was seriously delayed. Well, it turns out that because I had used Apple’s iMessage with this same phone number in the past, I had registered and associated my number and previous iPhone with Apple. Apple had no idea I had made the switch so the messaging service was trying to still communicate with my old phone.
In short, I had to unregister my previous iPhone from Apple using my previous AppleID account.