With perpetual updates and the availability of so many features, it can be challenging to keep up with all that Microsoft cloud tools offer. We have found that many users are not aware that you can request files with OneDrive (yes, you do not need to be using third–party cloud file storage applications) and you can keep all your files organized and secure in your Microsoft 365 account.
- Log into OneDrive, click on the “new” tab at the top of the dashboard.
- Select “folder.”
- This will create a new folder for your file request.
- Name the folder and click save.
- Now, select your folder from your list of files by clicking on the three dots and select “request files.”
- A window will open, asking you what files you are requesting. Fill in this field with the document you are requesting and click on “next.”
- Select “next.”
- Once you have created your OneDrive file request folder, a window will open called “send file request.”
- There are two ways to send a request on OneDrive: copy the link or email a file request invite.
- Click “done” and voila! You will be notified when someone uploads files.
Worried that your recipient is not a Microsoft 365 user? No problem, anyone can send you a file — they do not need OneDrive.