Microsoft 365 Trainer and Consultant
Smart Dolphins IT has helped many successful businesses invest wisely in their technology over the past two decades, but we have only just begun. Technology is evolving quickly, and we are looking for a new, special Dolphin who can drive our technology leadership deeper within our business communities and the small to medium-sized businesses we service. Join us and help lead the business world through a journey of better leveraging technology.
We are specifically looking for a unique blend of training and consulting talents. We will be placing a heavy emphasis on Microsoft 365, but will also intersect with other interesting technologies and topics. We are ultimately looking to help our clients build teams of IT-empowered people in a flexible, secure and collaborative IT environment. We need a talent-dense and caring Dolphin to take on this mission!
- Developing and maintaining a masterful understanding of SMB technology and the business application of these tools, with a heavy emphasis on Microsoft 365 technology.
- Developing unique, targeted and impactful technology training content for business professionals, to be delivered through live, instructor-led, one-to-many training events.
- Delivering regular webinars and training events to a wide variety of audiences of business professionals.
- Providing training internally to our various teams on how to support solutions implemented for clients.
- Providing technology training and “thought leadership” internally to our team.
- Providing general consulting to business professionals in software implementation, with emphasis on Microsoft 365.
- Developing a detailed understanding of business requirements for specific clients and recommending specific plans and implementation pathways to meet those needs.
- Planning, managing and executing on software implementation projects for clients.
- Providing support directly to clients for the solutions implemented.
Other, may include the following:
- Providing thought leadership for marketing and sales purposes.
- Helping evolve our own internal technology and systems.
- Building client loyalty and long-term relationships.
- Assisting with marketing and selling activities.
- Serving general admin and team support needs.
- 5+ Years of experience in training, consulting and implementation.
- Masterful understanding of Microsoft 365.
- Broad SMB technology experience.
- Strong teaching and consulting skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Business analysis and proposal development skills.
- Business or entrepreneurial experience.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Instructor certifications or education.
- Microsoft certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Experience in sales, marketing or related field.
- IT industry experience.
- MSP experience.
Success in this role will ultimately be about empowering technology users and SMB clients to continuously improve their use of the technology they have invested in. Additionally, we need this new Dolphin to educate the SMB world on technology through the development and delivery of awesome training content and remote learning events. The specific audience and method will vary for these objectives, but overall success comes from creating a positive impact and great experiences for all clients.
We believe in using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to help guide everyone’s efforts and provide more feedback to the results we are achieving. Some of the important KPIs for this role will be in these areas:
- Client NPS & CSAT (customer satisfaction).
- Learner feedback scores.
- Training catalog quantity and quality.
- New training event content created.
- Training events provided.
It’s easy for businesses to say that their employees love their work lives, but our employees say it for themselves.
Smart Dolphins is not your typical office environment. You’ll find poker tables, a big red dog, and way too many references to aquatic mammals. Typically Dolphins start their day bright and early but we live flexible lives. We value family time and a balanced approach to work. That isn’t to say we don’t work hard, a lot is expected of a Dolphin.
A lot of people are counting on us. We know that even the small choices we make day to day are very important. We all look forward to coming to work and making the absolute best of every day. Keeping a positive attitude (and office!) is a huge part of being a Dolphin.
Ultimately, working for Smart Dolphins means being able to do all the geeky things I would be doing at home anyway. It means getting paid to be myself and do what I love every day.
Smart Dolphins is a rare place. Everybody here absolutely loves their jobs, the company, and the atmosphere. I have to constantly remind myself not to take it for granted, because it’s a rare thing for someone to be able to wake up every day and go to a place that is more fun than work a good portion of the time. We work hard of course, but we’re invested because we all feel like we’re building something great and love where the company is going.
Perks and benefits of at Smart Dolphins IT
- RRSP Matching.
- Group health and trust plans.
- Five sick days per year.
- Smart Dolphins vehicle access.
- Personal vehicle allowance.
- Clothing allowance and branded clothing.
- Remote working.
- Cell phone allowance or company issued cell phone (based on operational need).
- Peer recognition rewards (Crew Hu).
- Fully equipped kitchen that includes JOJU our coffee “robot” and snacks.
- Dolphin Incentive Plan (Profit share program).
- Company laptop and accessories.
- Onsite parking.
- Role related training and educational initiatives (certification, courses, etc.).
- Company wide educational initiatives.