Smart Dolphins Jobs
IT Support Technician
As a Support Team Specialist you are a spokesperson for Smart Dolphins IT Solutions Inc. Many times, you are the first and only impression a client receives of our company. You will diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues while setting expectations with end users in a professional and empathetic way. Your positive attitude is integral to our success, as we take pride in delivering personable IT support to our diverse range of clients.
• Answer phone calls quickly. Respond to all assigned service tickets within specified time limits.
• Provide remote and hands on support to end-users throughout Vancouver Island
• Diagnose and resolve 90% of assigned service tickets, and appropriately identify situations that require escalation.
• Log all service details within its respective ticket.
• Keep accurate track of time for service tickets, in real-time.
• Participate in meetings, prepared to report on your individual metrics including reasons for deviation.
• Participate in client service skills training.
• Consistently update your knowledge to align with support needs, education goals and resources may be provided.
• Enthusiastically take on the role of your primary job description, knowing that at times you’ll be called upon to fill responsibilities defined within secondary job functions.
• Inform management of recurring problems or clients at risk.
Skills and experience:
• Experience with major hardware vendors – Dell, HP, etc.
• Microsoft Windows operating systems – desktop and server.
• Complex troubleshooting.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Client service experience.
Preference for candidates with:
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Exchange, SQL, etc.)
• Networking knowledge (DNS, switches, firewalls, VPN, etc.)
• Specific technical certifications including MS-900, Network+, Security+
Experience is great, but we are looking for the right person to join our awesome award-winning team! Smart Dolphins will provide training to close any knowledge gaps, including support of technical certification pursuits.
What does success look like in this job role?
A successful support team specialist connects with clients when solving their problems. They are able to do so with an empathetic, pleasant manner. They work diligently to keep their ticket productivity and can self-manage their time effectively. They interface with their co-workers in a direct, honest, respectful manner. They enjoy collaborating with their co-workers to improve everyone’s performance and speak openly about their challenges and where they need help.
In order to be successful, you will consistently meet and exceed posted goals for NPS, the amount of tickets you close per day, and the % of billable time you average per month. Ideally, operating as an L2 resource you will be able to close without assistance 90% of service tickets.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Individual metrics will be measured in personal NPS, tickets closed / day and % billable / utilization averaged per month.
o personal NPS GOAL: 80
o close an average of 10 tickets per day.
o consistently achieve a billable average of 80%.
The Virtual IT Manager (vITM) (Network Administrator) is responsible for the delivery of proactive onsite network administration. The vITM facilitates our goal of providing world class service to our clients by thoroughly understanding and consistently performing services that adhere to our proprietary managed IT services methodology. This is achieved by utilizing and participating in the evolution and development of our systems and procedures within the vITM Role; and by working in unison with the Virtual Chief Information Officer (vCIO), support team and centralized services to ensure a consistent, outstanding customer experience. The vITM is also called upon to consult on and participate in providing both project and reactive professional services that fall outside the scope of the managed services.
- Participate in onboarding new clients, including performing network assessments and creating technical documentation.
- Travel to client sites to perform proactive and reactive network support services.
- Manage client LAN/WAN, virtual environments, storage, backup and security technologies.
- Analyze client LAN and WAN infrastructure to identify technology lifecycle anomalies, issues, faults, and inferior configurations.
- Work with the vCIO to educate clients on best use and configuration of LAN and WAN infrastructure.
- Help identify risks within clients IT environments.
- Attend client technology steering meetings and support the vITM in presenting business technology concepts, options and solutions.
- Create and maintain the technical documentation library for client system configurations.
- Work with the support team to deliver comprehensive IT solutions.
- Troubleshoot and repair local and wide area network technology, including operating systems, hardware, and application software.
- Work on/with the reactive support (service desk) team as often as required. Initially, the candidate will work on the service desk team, learning about our customers and how to be an awesome service desk member.
- Use prescribed applications to deliver Technology with Porpoise
- Track all time within Smart Dolphin’s ticketing system.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Provide project, time and materials services and on-call after hours customer support as scheduled.
• A minimum of 3 years of full-time hands-on experience managing business class desktop/ network technologies.
• One or more technical certifications (MCP, MTA, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCA)
- Remote experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 7, 10 in a business environment
- Remote experience managing/ troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- Proficient with Active Directory administration and group policy management
- Proficient LAN/ WAN network connectivity troubleshooting experience
- Proficient managing and configuring Hyper V
- Proficient configuring/troubleshooting firewalls
- Proficient configuring/troubleshooting network switches including VLANs
- Experience with backup/disaster recovery devices
- Experience configuring/troubleshooting NAS devices
- Experience with remote management tools
- Lab Tech
- Dell servers
- Cloud services: Office 365
- Meraki, OpenDNS security technology
- APC UPS and Powerchute
- Strong communication skills
- Awesome customer service
- Passionate about documentation, standards, and process
- Live and die by checklists
General Performance Expectations:
- 3 years’ experience in a related position.
- Flexible working hours to accommodate the occasional change that requires business interruption.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be customer service oriented
- Dresses in a manner that professionally represents our company.
- Is punctual and meets commitments.
- Reliable transportation to get to client sites must be readily available.
- Regular client site visits required, multiple times per week
- Documentation compliance: 100%
- Ticket update compliance: 100% of tickets updated every daynd the % of billable time you average per month. Ideally, operating as an L2 resource you will be able to close without assistance 90% of service tickets.
More important than specific skills is the candidate’s attitude toward people, technology and Smart Dolphins. A strong technical foundation with a corresponding confident and driven approach to learning, serving clients and being entrepreneurial is more important than someone who has past education or experience with a particular technology.
Finding the right person is of paramount importance to us. We hope that this overview of the opportunity sparks a strong interest in that right person. If you feel that this person is you, please apply! We like to receive an up-to-date and applicable resume with a brief cover letter describing why you are an excellent candidate for this position.
It’s easy for businesses to say that their employees love their work lives, but our employees say it for themselves.
Smart Dolphins is a rare place. Everybody here absolutely loves their jobs, the company, and the atmosphere. I have to constantly remind myself not to take it for granted, because it’s a rare thing for someone to be able to wake up every day and go to a place that is more fun than work a good portion of the time. We work hard of course, but we’re invested because we all feel like we’re building something great and love where the company is going.
It’s a pretty awesome feeling to be able to wake up every morning excited to go to work. The office is full of Dolphins who are able to work hard and have fun at the same time. Everyone here loves what they do which creates an office atmosphere unlike any I have experienced before. It’s a lot of fun to be involved with all of the great things Smart Dolphins is doing and to watch the company grow.
Smart Dolphins is not your typical office environment. You’ll find poker tables, a big red dog, and way too many references to aquatic mammals. Typically Dolphins start their day bright and early but we live flexible lives. We value family time and a balanced approach to work. That isn’t to say we don’t work hard, a lot is expected of a Dolphin.
A lot of people are counting on us. We know that even the small choices we make day to day are very important. We all look forward to coming to work and making the absolute best of every day. Keeping a positive attitude (and office!) is a huge part of being a Dolphin.
Ultimately, working for Smart Dolphins means being able to do all the geeky things I would be doing at home anyway. It means getting paid to be myself and do what I love every day.
Working at Smart Dolphins IT Solutions – Benefits & Training
- RRSP Matching
- Group health and trust plans
- Five sick days per year
- Smart Dolphins vehicle access
- Personal vehicle allowance
- Clothing allowance and branded clothing
- Remote working
- Cell phone allowance or company issued cell phone (based on operational need)
- Crew Hu rewards (bonus system)
- Fully equipped kitchen that includes JOJU our coffee “robot” and snacks
- Fun committee (recreational group activities)
- Profit share program
- Company laptop and accessories
- Onsite parking
- Role related training and educational initiatives (certification, courses, etc.)
- Company wide educational initiatives