Smart Dolphins Jobs
Technology Trainer / Client Success Manager
Smart Dolphins is looking for a very special person to help build our new business, PoplarMSP, into something truly special long term. This is an opportunity of a lifetime for the right person to make an impact and build a wonderful business and a meaningful career.
PoplarMSP is a new venture that is providing Managed Service Providers (MSPs) in Canada and the US with essential technology training solutions directed at the MSP’s customers and prospects. Are you the person that is going to help us scale this exciting start-up?
We are ultimately looking for someone to promote and develop this business and provide exceptional results for our clients. We are seeking a Dolphin who is a passionate and possesses strong knowledge in business, technology and training. Let us know why you feel this is you.
- Planning and overseeing technology training strategies for our MSP clients.
- Assisting clients with coordinating and marketing their training events.
- Building client loyalty and long-term relationships (account management).
- Developing an MSP/client-based community.
- Developing technology training content for public educational events for business professionals.
- Providing technology training to business professionals through webinar format.
- Developing and maintaining contractor relationships with external technology trainers.
- Developing and maintaining a robust training catalog.
- Assisting with PoplarMSP marketing and selling activities.
- Promoting and coordinating technology training services to the Smart Dolphins’ Vancouver Island clients and prospects.
- Developing better approaches and systems that increase the value our PoplarMSP clients receive from our services and the efficiency with which we delivery our value.
- Collecting feedback and data on client events (and other services) and producing high value reporting on client ROI and (micro and macro) training trends.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in technology training; Strong teaching skills.
- Broad IT business expertise.
- IT Industry knowledge.
- Experience in sales, marketing or related field.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills and empathy.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Business or entrepreneurial experience.
- Instruction certifications.
- Microsoft certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- MSP experience.
Apply online at: https://form.jotform.com/210526814259254
Dispatch / Junior Technician
As a first responder, you are the initial touch on all incoming tickets. The essential part of your role is to apply technical expertise and soft skills to each unique ticket, setting it on an efficient and clear course to resolution. Many times, you are the first and only impression of our company. Your attitude, professional manner and personal attention given on every call, in each conversation, is paramount to our success.
First response technicians are motivated, able to multitask, and communicate well with their team members. They are knowledgeable and can balance the “full picture” of what is going on in the reactive world. When the other roles are leveraged appropriately, first response technicians can maintain a light calendar of pre-arranged tickets.
- Answer phone calls promptly.
- Provide remote and occasional in-person support to end-users, depending on the impact and urgency of the ticket.
- Diagnose and resolve 90% of assigned service tickets, escalating and handing off to peers when unable to resolve.
- Assist your peers in organizing their work to ensure efficiency and maintainable schedules.
- Keep accurate track of time and service detail for assigned tickets, in real-time.
- Participate in regularly scheduled team huddles, prepared to report on your individual metrics including reasons for deviation.
- Maintain education and knowledge to align with support needs.
- Live and breath Smart Dolphins’ core values. Understand and help drive our vision, mission, value proposition, and service offerings.
- Enthusiastically take on the role of your primary job description, knowing that at times you will be called upon to fill responsibilities defined within secondary job functions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Experience with major hardware vendors – Dell, HP, etc.
- Updated knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems – desktop and server.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Exchange, SQL, etc.) is a plus.
- Networking knowledge (DNS, switches, firewalls, VPN, etc.) is desired.
- Troubleshooting skills are required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Client service experience.
- Current education/experience/certifications reflecting your competency in your chosen field.
Experience is great, but we are looking for the right person to join our awesome award-winning team! Smart Dolphins will provide training to close any knowledge gaps, including support of technical certification pursuits.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE IN THIS JOB ROLE?
A successful technician accomplishes a high amount of call answers and closed tickets. But more so than that, they have been able to build a rapport with clients. If someone calls into our support line, they can reasonably expect to hear from you in a timely fashion and have a consistent experience.
The technician interfaces with their co-workers in a direct, honest, and respectful manner. They speak openly about their challenges and where they need help. They collaborate with their co-workers to improve everyone’s performance.
To be a successful member of our support team you will consistently meet and exceed posted goals for NPS, the number of tickets you close per day, and the percentage of billable time you average per month. You will be able to close 90% of assigned service tickets without assistance.
PERSONAL KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI) – MEASURED STATISTICS
Individual metrics will be measured in personal NPS, tickets closed / day and % billable / utilization averaged per month.
- Personal NPS GOAL: 80.
- Close an average of 10 tickets per day.
- Consistently achieve a billable average of 80%.
Apply online at: https://form.jotform.com/211316488599266
- RRSP Matching
- Group Health Plan (after probation period)
- Health Trust plan for Dolphin and family (Includes Medical and Dental – 2 years)
- Five sick days per year
- Smart Dolphins vehicle access
- Personal vehicle allowance
- Clothing allowance and branded clothing
- Remote working
- Cell phone allowance or company issue cell phone (issue is based on operational need)
- Crew Hu Rewards (performance bonus based on customer, manager and peer reviews)
- Fully equipped kitchen that includes JOJU our coffee “robot”
- Recreational / de-stress activities (Ping Pong, Nerf Guns)
- Potential for bonuses based on individual and company performance
- Work laptop and accessories
- Onsite parking
Training includes (but not limited to):
- Tool related/specific technical and business training (certification, courses, etc.)
- Conferences and seminars
- Kindle library books
- Customer service
- Company wide educational initiatives
It’s easy for businesses to say that their employees love their work lives, but our employees say it for themselves.
Smart Dolphins is a rare place. Everybody here absolutely loves their jobs, the company, and the atmosphere. I have to constantly remind myself not to take it for granted, because it’s a rare thing for someone to be able to wake up every day and go to a place that is more fun than work a good portion of the time. We work hard of course, but we’re invested because we all feel like we’re building something great and love where the company is going.
It’s a pretty awesome feeling to be able to wake up every morning excited to go to work. The office is full of Dolphins who are able to work hard and have fun at the same time. Everyone here loves what they do which creates an office atmosphere unlike any I have experienced before. It’s a lot of fun to be involved with all of the great things Smart Dolphins is doing and to watch the company grow.
Smart Dolphins is not your typical office environment. You’ll find poker tables, a big red dog, and way too many references to aquatic mammals. Typically Dolphins start their day bright and early but we live flexible lives. We value family time and a balanced approach to work. That isn’t to say we don’t work hard, a lot is expected of a Dolphin.
A lot of people are counting on us. We know that even the small choices we make day to day are very important. We all look forward to coming to work and making the absolute best of every day. Keeping a positive attitude (and office!) is a huge part of being a Dolphin.
Ultimately, working for Smart Dolphins means being able to do all the geeky things I would be doing at home anyway. It means getting paid to be myself and do what I love every day.