Following a period of growth, a BC-based specialty mining organization determined the need for a substantial IT infrastructure investment to support their global projects. Smart Dolphins partnered with them to deliver Alliance–our fully managed IT service solution.
During the onboarding process, we discovered an IT network that required strategic planning and leadership. Key problems included:
- A mishmash of Windows Home and Pro workstations and laptops
- Storage of company data on a basic NAS device
- A NAS device that was also handling security for some of the end-user devices – other devices had no security at all
- A non-functional backup
In our first phase of our project engineering, we prioritized standardization and security. We made the following immediate improvements:
- Installed a server running Windows Server 2016
- Configured a local domain network for improved security
- Setup backup and disaster recovery, including offsite storage
- Developed a plan to begin replacing Windows Home workstations
This organization now relies on Smart Dolphins for proactive monitoring, management and leadership.
Did you know that Smart Dolphins provides complimentary on-site audits? Want to learn how you can improve your organization’s IT? Connect with a Dolphin.