BCACC Invests in Long-term IT Improvements
BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) is a small not-for-profit association that is dedicated to enhancing mental health all across BC. They seek to protect the public through the promotion of safe and ethical practices in clinical counselling.
Years ago, BCACC invested in a business server that had not been deployed properly and was missing the configuration necessary to harness its capacities. Increased downtime, reduced productivity and potential security risks led BCACC to seek out a cost-effective IT overhaul. A challenging office environment – three converted apartments in a concrete building – further strained their IT network. A decision to re-locate into one office ushered in a new era of IT leadership at BCACC.
• Hardware was not deployed properly;
• Out-dated back-up system;
• Poorly organized and dated hardware components;
• Connectivity problems;
• Multiple locations, all in concrete buildings
Solution & Benefits
Smart Dolphins understands the unique IT challenges not-for-profits face having worked with numerous non-profits over 18 years.
• Smart Dolphins re-built their IT infrastructure and properly deployed their business network to
acceptable performance levels.
• We resolved their connectivity issues by re-configuring their email and file-server to fully leverage its
functionality, moving from a workgroup to a domain.
• We replaced their older back-up process with a secure, real-time, off-site back-up standard that is
monitored on an ongoing basis. Performance and reliability improved immediately.
Smart Dolphins continues to support BCACC’s IT infrastructure on an ongoing basis in their new