Current Career Opportunities
Our Support Team Specialist must represent themselves as a spokesperson for Smart Dolphins IT Solutions Inc. Many times, you are the first and only impression a Client receives of our company. Your attitude, professional manner, and personal attention given on each and every call, in each and every conversation, is paramount to our success. You are expected to quickly and efficiently see through to resolution most service tickets that come your way. You will follow provided processes, check-lists, and policies to ensure a consistent end-user experience. You will combine information and tools provided with your technical knowledge to achieve a high level of client satisfaction.
- Answer phone calls quickly. Respond to all assigned service tickets within specified time limits.
- Provide remote and phone support to end-users from Smart Dolphins IT Solutions Inc. headquarters.
- Diagnose & Resolve 90% of assigned service tickets.
- Log all service details within ticket.
- Keep accurate track of time for service tickets, in real-time.
- Identify situations that require escalation.
- Participate in regularly scheduled team huddles, prepared to report on your individual metrics including reasons for deviation.
- Participate in Client Service Skills Training.
- Maintain education and knowledge to align with support needs.
- Member of On-Call rotation as scheduled and required to support our Clients.
- Live and breath Smart Dolphins’ Core Values. Understand and help drive our Vision, Mission, Value Proposition, and Service Offerings.
- Enthusiastically take on the role of your primary job description, knowing that at times you’ll be called upon to fill responsibilities defined within secondary job functions.
- Inform management of recurring problems or Clients at risk.
Skills and Experience of a Support Team Specialist Technician
- Diagnose & Resolve hardware and software issues.
- Experience with major hardware vendors – Dell, HP, etc.
- Updated knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems – desktop and server.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Exchange, SQL, etc.) is a plus.
- Networking knowledge (DNS, switches, firewalls, VPN, etc.) is desired.
- Troubleshooting skills are required.
- Excellent writing & communication skills.
- Client Service experience.
- Current education/experience/certifications reflecting your competency in your chosen field.
Experience is great, but we are looking for the right person to join our awesome award-winning team! Smart Dolphins will provide training to close any knowledge gaps, including support of technical certification pursuits.
What does Success look like in this job role?
A successful Support Team Specialist makes Clients happy by solving their problems quickly, and doing so with an empathetic, pleasant manner. They work diligently to keep their ticket productivity up and total tickets on the service desk at a minimum. They interface with their co-workers in a direct, honest, respectful manner. They speak openly about their challenges and where they need help. They collaborate with their co-workers to improve everyone’s performance as a whole.
In order to be successful as a Support Team Specialist, you’ll consistently meet and exceed posted goals for NPS, the amount of tickets you close per day, and the % of billable time you average per month. You will be able to close without assistance 90% of assigned service tickets.
Personal Key Performance Indicators (KPI) – measured statistics
- Individual metrics will be measured in personal NPS, tickets closed / day and % billable / utilization averaged per month.
- personal NPS GOAL: 80
- close an average of 10 tickets per day.
- consistently achieve a billable average of 80%.
- Represent Smart Dolphins IT Solutions Inc., by exemplifying company’s core values in a professional manner.
- Embody Complete Ownership: be accountable for your roles and responsibilities. Hold others accountable to theirs.
- Bring Energy and Positivity: be confident and allow your energy and positive attitude to come through.
- Always be Growing: stay current and ahead of your field.
- Love the Pod and let your Dorsal Pride Show.
- Always do the Right Thing.
Apply online at: https://form.jotform.com/92484124473257
- RRSP Matching
- Health Trust plan for Dolphin and family (Includes Medical and Dental)
- Five sick days per year
- Personal vehicle allowance
- Clothing Allowance
- Cell phone allowance or company issue cell phone (issue is based on operational need)
- Crew Hu Rewards (Performance Bonus based on customer, manager and peer reviews)
- Fully equipped kitchen that includes JOJU our coffee “robot” and snacks
- Recreational / de-stress activities (Table Tennis, BBQs)
- Potential for bonuses based on individual and company performance
- Work laptop and accessories
- Onsite parking
It’s easy for businesses to say that their employees love their work lives, but our employees say it for themselves.
Smart Dolphins is a rare place. Everybody here absolutely loves their jobs, the company, and the atmosphere. I have to constantly remind myself not to take it for granted, because it’s a rare thing for someone to be able to wake up every day and go to a place that is more fun than work a good portion of the time. We work hard of course, but we’re invested because we all feel like we’re building something great and love where the company is going.
It’s a pretty awesome feeling to be able to wake up every morning excited to go to work. The office is full of Dolphins who are able to work hard and have fun at the same time. Everyone here loves what they do which creates an office atmosphere unlike any I have experienced before. It’s a lot of fun to be involved with all of the great things Smart Dolphins is doing and to watch the company grow.
Smart Dolphins is not your typical office environment. You’ll find poker tables, a big red dog, and way too many references to aquatic mammals. Typically Dolphins start their day bright and early but we live flexible lives. We value family time and a balanced approach to work. That isn’t to say we don’t work hard, a lot is expected of a Dolphin.
A lot of people are counting on us. We know that even the small choices we make day to day are very important. We all look forward to coming to work and making the absolute best of every day. Keeping a positive attitude (and office!) is a huge part of being a Dolphin.
Ultimately, working for Smart Dolphins means being able to do all the geeky things I would be doing at home anyway. It means getting paid to be myself and do what I love every day.