Current Career Opportunities
Love your job and the company you work for! Be a Dolphin!
You are applying to Smart Dolphins IT Solutions for the Client Desktop Experience Technician, because you are seeking an opportunity to work for one of the Great Places to Work in the world – right here in stunning Victoria, BC.
You will be a linchpin in the success for Smart Dolphins and our client’s lives. Very little makes a deeper impression on a client than the moment when they fire up their fancy new computer.
We want to find that superhero Dolphin who dreams of making this experience the very best it can possibly be. Your attitude, professional manner, attention to details and personal touch given to each and every workstation installation is an opportunity to create a deep relationship that lasts longer than any technology will.
Join us and take on the mission of making the Client Desktop Experience WORLD CLASS at Smart Dolphins.
- Imaging new workstations per Smart Dolphins procedures.
- Maintaining new workstation setup procedures.
- Maintaining and updating client and Smart Dolphins base workstation images.
- Documenting hard drive destruction using Smart Dolphins provided tools.
- Logging all work into service tickets in real-time.
- Ensuring the on-time delivery of client workstation for on-site deployment.
- Maintaining knowledge on current and new technology to improve provisioning processes.
- Labeling all servers, workstations, laptops per Smart Dolphins naming convention.
- Deploying hardware such as switches, firewalls, and WAPs.
- Assisting project team with larger projects.
- Participating in regularly scheduled team huddles, and being prepared to report on your individual metrics, including reasons for deviation.
- Participating in On-Call rotation to support our clients.
- Play a critical roll on the “Support Team” in all that they do for our Clients.
- Filling role of Triage/Dispatch, as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong customer service skills (importance cannot be overstated).
- An ability to work in complex, uncertain, and ambiguous situations while still managing expectations and maintaining client happiness.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- A PASSION for learning and personal growth.
- Excellent writing & communication skills.
- Naturally Comfortable working with and learning about technology.
- Driver’s License is a must.
Other desirable traits or skills:
- Diagnose & Resolve hardware and software issues.
- Experience with major hardware vendors – Dell, etc.
- Experience with workstation imaging methodologies (WDS/MDT)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems – desktop and server.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud technologies (Office 365).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Exchange, SQL, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge of networking (DNS, switches, firewalls, VPN, etc.), is desired.
- Current education/experience/certifications reflecting your competency in your chosen field.
Represent Smart Dolphins IT Solutions Inc., by exemplifying company’s core values every day!
- Embody Complete Ownership: be accountable for your roles and responsibilities. Hold others accountable to theirs.
- Bring Energy and Positivity: be confident and bring your energy and positive attitude to everything you do.
- Always be Growing: stay current and ahead of your field. Be curious and uncomfortable.
- Love the Pod and let your Dorsal Pride Show.
- Always do the Right Thing.
Apply online at: https://form.jotform.com/200165417584252
- RRSP Matching
- Health Trust plan for Dolphin and family (Includes Medical and Dental)
- Five sick days per year
- Personal vehicle allowance
- Clothing Allowance
- Cell phone allowance or company issue cell phone (issue is based on operational need)
- Crew Hu Rewards (Performance Bonus based on customer, manager and peer reviews)
- Fully equipped kitchen that includes JOJU our coffee “robot” and snacks
- Recreational / de-stress activities (Table Tennis, BBQs)
- Potential for bonuses based on individual and company performance
- Work laptop and accessories
- Onsite parking
It’s easy for businesses to say that their employees love their work lives, but our employees say it for themselves.
Smart Dolphins is a rare place. Everybody here absolutely loves their jobs, the company, and the atmosphere. I have to constantly remind myself not to take it for granted, because it’s a rare thing for someone to be able to wake up every day and go to a place that is more fun than work a good portion of the time. We work hard of course, but we’re invested because we all feel like we’re building something great and love where the company is going.
It’s a pretty awesome feeling to be able to wake up every morning excited to go to work. The office is full of Dolphins who are able to work hard and have fun at the same time. Everyone here loves what they do which creates an office atmosphere unlike any I have experienced before. It’s a lot of fun to be involved with all of the great things Smart Dolphins is doing and to watch the company grow.
Smart Dolphins is not your typical office environment. You’ll find poker tables, a big red dog, and way too many references to aquatic mammals. Typically Dolphins start their day bright and early but we live flexible lives. We value family time and a balanced approach to work. That isn’t to say we don’t work hard, a lot is expected of a Dolphin.
A lot of people are counting on us. We know that even the small choices we make day to day are very important. We all look forward to coming to work and making the absolute best of every day. Keeping a positive attitude (and office!) is a huge part of being a Dolphin.
Ultimately, working for Smart Dolphins means being able to do all the geeky things I would be doing at home anyway. It means getting paid to be myself and do what I love every day.