Current Career Opportunities
IT Support Technician
We’re looking for awesomeness! Are you the one? We’d love to meet you!
We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” through our amazing team’s feedback, for three years in a row! We’re so proud of our unique team and the culture it fosters. Smart Dolphins is truly a place you want to come to, every day. Yep…EVERY day.
Working at Smart Dolphins
If you asked our current team why they love Smart Dolphins, they’ll tell you being here feels like a one-of-a-kind opportunity. We do challenging and meaningful work for some really caring, successful and valuable local organizations, all while working with a family-like team. The perks and office are great. For most Dolphins, there is no place we’d rather work!
Our leadership is committed to teaching our team about our business, technology, and providing continuous learning and educational opportunities. Working here means helping us build a business you take pride in as well as growing into the Dolphin we need you to be in the future. Smart Dolphins has been recognized with several awards that speak to the unique and special place we’ve created over the years together:
• 2018-2020 – “Great Place to Work” Canada
• 2017 – Outstanding Workplace of the Year (GVCC)
…but who… are You?
Our Support Team Technician must represent themselves as a spokesperson for Smart Dolphins IT Solutions Inc. Many times, you are the first impression a client receives of our company. Your empathetic attitude, professional manner and ability to build genuine connections with our new and long-standing clients, is paramount to our success. Of course, we have processes, check-lists, and policies however, YOU are responsible for combining this information, with your technical knowledge, to arrive at the best solution for each client. Most importantly, YOU set and expertly mange the right expectations for our clients (and your teammates). Experience is great, but we are looking for the right person to join our awesome award-winning team! Smart Dolphins will provide training to close any knowledge gaps, including support of technical certification pursuits.
• Answer phone calls quickly. Respond to all assigned service tickets within specified time limits.
• Provide remote and phone support to our clients
• Diagnose and resolve 90% of assigned service tickets.
• Log all service details within ticket.
• Keep accurate track of time for service tickets, in real-time.
• Identify situations that require escalation.
• Participate in regularly scheduled team huddles, prepared to report on your individual metrics including reasons for deviation.
• Participate in client service skills training.
• Maintain education and knowledge to align with support needs.
• Member of on-call rotation as scheduled and required to support our clients.
• Live and breathe Smart Dolphins’ core values. Understand and help drive our vision, mission, value proposition and service offerings.
• Enthusiastically take on the role of your primary job description, knowing that at times you’ll be called upon to fill responsibilities defined within secondary job functions.
• Inform management of recurring problems or clients at risk.
Potential Skills and Experience:
• Amazing client service
• Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues.
• Experience with major hardware vendors – Dell, HP, etc.
• Updated knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems – desktop and server.
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Exchange, SQL, etc.) is a plus.
• Networking knowledge (DNS, switches, firewalls, VPN, etc.) is desired.
• Troubleshooting skills are required.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Current education/experience/certifications reflecting your competency in your chosen field.
Apply online at: https://form.jotform.com/202685640028252
It’s easy for businesses to say that their employees love their work lives, but our employees say it for themselves.
- RRSP Matching
- Group Health Plan (after probation period)
- Health Trust plan for Dolphin and family (Includes Medical and Dental – 2 years)
- Five sick days per year
- Smart Dolphins vehicle access
- Personal vehicle allowance
- Clothing allowance and branded clothing
- Remote working
- Cell phone allowance or company issue cell phone (issue is based on operational need)
- Crew Hu Rewards (performance bonus based on customer, manager and peer reviews)
- Fully equipped kitchen that includes JOJU our coffee “robot”
- Recreational / de-stress activities (Ping Pong, Nerf Guns)
- Potential for bonuses based on individual and company performance
- Work laptop and accessories
- Onsite parking
Training includes (but not limited to):
- Tool related/specific technical and business training (certification, courses, etc.)
- Conferences and seminars
- Kindle library books
- Customer service
- Company wide educational initiatives
Smart Dolphins is a rare place. Everybody here absolutely loves their jobs, the company, and the atmosphere. I have to constantly remind myself not to take it for granted, because it’s a rare thing for someone to be able to wake up every day and go to a place that is more fun than work a good portion of the time. We work hard of course, but we’re invested because we all feel like we’re building something great and love where the company is going.
It’s a pretty awesome feeling to be able to wake up every morning excited to go to work. The office is full of Dolphins who are able to work hard and have fun at the same time. Everyone here loves what they do which creates an office atmosphere unlike any I have experienced before. It’s a lot of fun to be involved with all of the great things Smart Dolphins is doing and to watch the company grow.
Smart Dolphins is not your typical office environment. You’ll find poker tables, a big red dog, and way too many references to aquatic mammals. Typically Dolphins start their day bright and early but we live flexible lives. We value family time and a balanced approach to work. That isn’t to say we don’t work hard, a lot is expected of a Dolphin.
A lot of people are counting on us. We know that even the small choices we make day to day are very important. We all look forward to coming to work and making the absolute best of every day. Keeping a positive attitude (and office!) is a huge part of being a Dolphin.
Ultimately, working for Smart Dolphins means being able to do all the geeky things I would be doing at home anyway. It means getting paid to be myself and do what I love every day.