About Smart Dolphins
Smart Dolphins is a local Victoria company that is in the business of helping other businesses with their technology. More specifically, we service our clients’ computer, networking and technical support needs. We’re looking to succeed in the long run by delivering the ultimate in service and developing strong, long-term relationships with our clients. You are invited to visit our website www.smartdolphins.com to learn more about the company.
About “The Pod”
All Smart Dolphins are versatile individuals. We need to be. We take on a variety of roles for our clients (technical and otherwise) and spend a great deal of time educating clients on the uses and benefits of technology. Being a small business ourselves also requires us to be flexible and adaptive to the quickly changing business world. Initiative, maturity and self-discipline are also necessary with the freedom that comes with being a part of our team.
The atmosphere in the office is positive, open and dynamic. We have a lot of fun but we work hard at the same time. We all truly enjoy working in the professional yet personable small business atmosphere.
Importantly, we all have made a long-term goal to helping grow Smart Dolphins into something extraordinary and we look forward to coming to work every day to improve our own business and our clients’ businesses.
About the Current Position Available
The Dolphin Defender (DD) is responsible for the delivery of the proactive onsite network administration component of the Smart Dolphins Managed Service program to an assigned customer base. The DD facilitates our goal of providing world class service to our clients by thoroughly understanding and consistently performing services that adhere to our proprietary managed IT services methodology. This will be achieved by utilizing and participating in the evolution and development of our systems and procedures within the DD Role; and by working in unison with the Business Technology Navigators (BTN), Service Desk and Centralized Services delivery areas to ensure a consistent, outstanding customer experience. The DD will also be called upon to consult on and participate in providing both project and reactive professional services that fall outside the scope of the Managed Services program.
- Participate in onboarding new clients, including performing network assessments and creating technical documentation.
- Travel to client sites to perform proactive and reactive network support services.
- Manage client LAN/WAN, virtual environments, storage, backup and security technologies.
- Analyze client LAN and WAN infrastructure to identify technology lifecycle anomalies, issues, faults, and inferior configurations.
- Work with the BTN to educate clients on best use and configuration of LAN and WAN infrastructure.
- Help identify risks within clients IT environments.
- Attend client technology steering meetings and support the BTN in presenting business technology concepts, options and solutions.
- Create and maintain technical documentation library for client system configurations.
- Work cross functionally with other support teams to deliver comprehensive IT solutions.
- Troubleshoot and repair local and wide area network technology, including operating systems, hardware, and application software.
- Use prescribed applications to deliver our Technology with Porpoise Program.
- Track all time within Smart Dolphin’s ticketing system.
- Attend and participate in Team meetings.
- Provide project, time and materials services and on-call after hours customer support as scheduled.
General Performance Expectations
- 1 years’ experience in a related position.
- Flexible working hours to accommodate the occasional change that requires business interruption.
- Detail Oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be customer service oriented
- Dresses in a manner that professionally represents our company.
- Is punctual and meets commitments.
- Reliable transportation to get to client sites must be readily available.
- Proactive Onsite Days: 4 Days Per Week
- Utilization: 65%
- Documentation Compliance: 100%
- Ticket Update Compliance: 100% of tickets updated every day
- Nap room and shower on-site.
- Medical insurance after 6 months.
- Gourmet coffee and lots of fun!
Finding the right person is of paramount importance to us. We hope that this overview of the opportunity sparks a strong interest in that right person. If you feel that this person is you, please apply online before Friday, April 28th at 4 pm.
We sincerely thank you for your interest in Smart Dolphins.