It’s October, Cyber Security Awareness Month so we thought we’d share a security tip. Facebook accounts get hacked everyday. Secure your Facebook with Two Factor Authentication.
Here’s how to enable Facebook’s built-in authenticator:
- Login and click on account settings
- Select security
- Edit login approvals
- Select require a security code to access my account from unknown browsers
- Click the get started button
- Select the phone type, then click continue
- Follow the instructions in the pop up window to turn on security codes, then click continue
- Type the code that is generated into the window to finish the activation process
Now nobody can log in to your Facebook without access to your mobile phone, which would mean they need to physically have your phone, know your phone’s passcode, and your Facebook email/username and password to hack it.
Interested in learning more security tips from the POD? Join us for lunch next Thursday. Visit our events page for more details.